The Leader in bartender training
Cocktails Beer Wine Responsibility
Get Your Bartending Certification
Live Hands-On Experience At Real Bars
National Online Training
Increase your income
Enhance your skills
EXPAND YOUR OPPORTUNITIES
Thereis a Bartending Labor Shortage!
There has never been an easier time for a bartender with no experience to get a bartending job!!!
Enroll now before it ends.
Get Access To The Free 10 Day Bartender Workshop When You Fill Out The Form Below!
-INVEST IN YOURSELF
-LOVE YOUR JOB
-GROW PERSONALLY & PROFESSIONALLY
-REDUCE YOUR FINANCIAL STRESS
Imagine going to a job you love, always having extra cash, and being rewarded for your hard work by people who are always happy to see (and tip) you. This is the reason why bartenders love their job.
Many of our graduates have raised families, paid for their education, paid for their housing and living expenses by just bartending part time.
Even our graduates who were already in the food and beverage industry have been able to earn more income because of their Bartenders Academy Training!
JOB SEARCH ASSISTANCE
Get the local experience you need at real bars, with real cocktails, handling real sales, interacting with guests working beside real bartenders.
We will teach you and help you update your resume for the bar industry or create a brand new resume.
Be prepared for your first or your next bartending interview. Get insight on how to succeed during your interviewing process.
Job Search Strategies
Looking for work? Don’t know where to begin. We are here to help you use effective strategies for finding bartending leads.
Years in Business
Hours of Instruction
Increase your income
Enhance your skills
Love Your Job!
Invest in your bartender training today!
MEET THE TEAM
Over 130+ Years of Combined Beverage Hospitality Experience
Ross Edward Marks
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESIONS
What are the benefits of your hybrid training (Online and In Person)?
1. This is more than just an online course. We’ll work with you to help you get real experience at a local internship.
2. There are many benefits to having your own online resource listed below in the next point, however, a key word is replay. Have you ever learned something class and then forgot it 30 minutes later or 30 days later or 30 weeks later? With our video lessons you can keep replaying the content so you can stay fresh and up to date with your knowledge.
Now for the other major benefits of the online experience…
3. When seeking to increase your bar sales and your earnings, there’s a lot of information you need to learn, understand, and techniques you need to practice when you are *not* in front of the customer. Learning recipes, researching spirits, understanding beer, wine, and liquor production, reviewing menus, practicing techniques until you perfect them, working on your pours, knowing your legal responsibilities, and much more. Most of your success as a beverage professional comes from the preparation you do (practice time) before you start engaging with guests (game time). We are here to partner with you on your learning journey!
And the Hands-On Experience? There’s no better way to learn, than by actually doing the work. And that’s why our internship program works! When you’re empowered with the fundamentals from the online training, you’ll be amazed how fast you’ll be able to pick things up as you’re starting your new bartending journey!
Can I get hired without any bartending experience?
Think about this:
100% of bartenders were hired without bartending experience.
Let that sink in. Every single bartender started bartending without bartending experience. We all start at 0% and work out way up.
Getting training before you start bartending ensures that you have a more successful start and that you know what you are doing before you’re dealing with real customers.
You will see adds that say 2 years experience required. That’s okay, many of those same places will still hire brand new bartenders. Even more promising is that many more places will hire new bartenders who don’t come with any bad habits that bar/ restaurant can then train the way they prefer.
The quality of the training you receive allows you to demonstrate your competence if you’re asked to make a cocktail on the spot or do a trial run for a weekend. You’ll want to know what you’re doing if you’re ever put on the spot
How old do you have to be to bartend?
In Connecticut, the legal age to serve alcohol is 18.
To find your relevant state, please visit: https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/apis-policy-topics/minimum-ages-for-on-premises-servers-and-bartenders/38
Please check with your particular state’s website: It may be the liquor control board, department of consumer protection, the alcohol and beverage commission.
The fastest way to find out is to call your state’s office directly and ask which department can answer the question of the legal age to bartend
How is your training different from other bartender courses?
There are many reasons listed below but… the number 1 reason: We are the only training center that offers live training in real bars. You get experience with our course
- Success: We’ve helped more new bartenders get jobs than any other organization in Connecticut and we are replicating our model in other regions.
- You will be more successful by taking our training. See the points below
- Our training hours are longer, so you can learn more, which will help you earn more
- We are more in depth. We offer internationally recognized training for Wine and Beer
- We are more up to date. Many trainings are out of date from curriuculums that over 30 years old
- We have specialists in the different fields of bartending, beer, wine, career assistance, management, and more! Over 100+ years of Bartending and Hospitality Experience. We are not a one person shop.
- We are recognized by the Connecticut Departement of Higher education and are legally authorized to issue a certification. You can always call the state of CT to verify if an organization is legally allowed to offer fully vetted training
How Do I Get Started?
- Fill out the form below
- Choose between starting with the Online Bartender Knowledge Certification Training or the Live In-Person training. Please note that all In-Person trainees are required to take the Online Knowledge Certification Training
- Enroll in whichever course you’ve chosen
- Start training immediately!
Do You Offer Staff Training
- Absolutely. Many bar and restaurant programs are seeing the benefits of investing in their staff by providing quality training on beverage service
- We provide beer training, wine training, bartending training, management training (coming soon), and much more
- The best restaurants and bars evolve and grow. They continue to grow by continually upgrading their knowledge, their skillsets, and investing in their junior and senior talent professionals, each with a different set of needs
- Our digital platform is specifically geared towards helping bars and restaurants grow and succeed. You can sign up directly online!
- We also offer national consulting services for more unique training requirements
How Long Does It Take?
Knowledge Portion: Most Students Average 1 to 3 weeks to complete the online component at their own pace. More time is avaiable if needed. You can do the course on your own time on your own schedule at your own pace but we recommend completing this portion within 30 days of signing up. You have 1 year to complete the training.
Bartending Internship: This part can last 2 to 6 weeks depending on your schedule and the bar availability. We will help you coordinate this with the local bar. It is about 4 to 6 shifts with at least 2 shifts operating as a bartender’s assistant and the remaining shifts operating as a bartender.
Getting Hired: Your job search process needs to start mid-way through the knowledge portion. This can happen immediately or take several weeks. This depends on how much you apply your self to the job search process. Our students that follow the coaching and the steps get hired much faster at better bars! We’re here to help you through that process!