Our graduates on average earn anywhere from $250-$500 part-time per week starting out which is about $1000 to $2000 per month in extra monthly income or $12,000 to $24,000 extra per year just working part-time.
These numbers can be significantly higher for bartenders working full-time. Full-time bartender wages have a huge range, anywhere from $30,000 to over $100,000 per year, depending on a number factors outlined below.
Many bartenders report earning between $25-$50 per hour (including tips and wages) when they are fully established at a particular bar.
There are several factors that influence the amount of money you will make:
- The Bar Itself: How many guests do they attract on a regular basis?
- Your skills: How good are your cocktails?
- Your attitude: How do you treat people and how do they feel after interacting with you?
- Your focus: Is it your wallet or is it your guest’s experience?
- Your education: Are you continually learning?
- Your shifts: Are you working when the customers are ordering?
- Your work ethic: Do you work hard to serve as many guests as professionally as possible?
- Your following: Are you creating, nurturing, and taking care of your regulars over the weeks, months, and years?
- Your marketing: Are you using social media to effectively get the word out about your bar and your work behind the bar?
- Your team: Do you work with similarly positive and motivated co-workers?
- Your sense of community: Are you a team player?
A positive answer to all of these questions means more income in your pocket. Proceed with wisdom, humility, and a heart for hospitality, and you will create great abundance in your life both in bartending and beyond!
Call (203) 754-6000 to arrange a Tour
Sign Up For Classes: How Do I Sign-Up